Location: Home based in the North East of England with extensive travel required
Hours: Full time: 37.5 hours per week (Job share or 2 part-time roles considered)
Duration: For an initial period of 2 years
Salary: £25,000 PA
• Passionate about the rights of people with learning disabilities?
• Up for a challenge?
• Have an interest in housing and policy?
• Like speaking to people, and helping to make things happen?
Learning Disability England and the JMS Trust are working together to form a new and exciting role. We both want to reach the family carers of people with learning disabilities:
• JMS want to tell them about the opportunity for groups of family carers to apply to them for funding to set up supported living for their loved ones,
• LDE want to ensure the voice of family carers is represented in the media and at the policy table. Many of the conversations we have with family members are about housing rights too.
In this role, you could be speaking at a conference one day, working with family carers to help them develop supported living the next, and finding carers to speak to the media, whilst preparing for a policy meeting on another day. The role and skills required will be varied!
We know this is a big ask, and it is likely that the ideal candidate will develop into the role.
However, we are looking for someone who is passionate yet logical, a great communicator with a strong command of written English, comfortable with social media, and has an understanding of the issues faced by people who are the family carers of people with learning disabilities.
In return, we can offer regular and supportive supervision, flexibility around hours, the chance to work for young and ambitious charities, and a role which will look great on your future CV!
We are open to ideas and whilst we are presenting this as one full time post, believing there is great potential for synergy, we would welcome suggestions around job share and varying hours. So, if you have the skills and drive, but are looking for fewer hours, we would like to hear from you too!
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Tracy Hammond on 02036 171 842
Closing date: 8 am on 9th July 2018
Interviews: 24th July 2018 in central Huddersfield (we will pay travel expenses for invited applicants)