Choosing the right membership category for you
Do you want to join as an individual?
Individual members can be:
– a self advocate with a learning disability
– a family member or friend of someone with a learning disability
– someone who works with people with a learning disability
– an ally who wants to be part of our national movement
Do you want to join as a self advocacy or family carer group?
What are self advocacy and family carer groups:
– your organisation is led by self-advocates and/or family members
– if your self-advocacy or family run organisation gets most of its income from delivering services rather than doing self advocacy and/or family voice support, then you will be part of the paid supporter category.
Do you want to join as a paid supporter organisation?
What are paid supporter organisations?
– paid supporter organisations get most of their income from delivering services
– they are organisations or companies who provide, commission or in other ways aim to improve the lives of people and families.
– they can be very small organisations or very large ones. The different membership rates mean organisations pay what they can afford
Do you want to join as a partner organisation?
What are partner organisations?
– We know there are organisations with a much wider brief who have told us that they are also keen to support Learning Disability England’s work
– Partner organisations might be law firms, accountants, academic institutions, government departments etc
Want to find out more about the benefits of membership?
Or find out more about our aims and values?