Including Everyone – What next?
How do we build on what is working now?
Our 2020 conference on 13th February 2020 will focus on the progress we have, as a community made to inclusion.
Our members and partners will share examples of how people and organisations are working in inclusive ways so people with learning disabilities are
- Making decisions that affect their and their peers’ lives in organisations, policy development or wider community
- Living in the community with the same choices as others
- Active members of their community in paid and unpaid roles
- Getting the same opportunities to live a good life as everyone else
About the conference
We are back in Manchester, at the Friends’ Meeting House. We have returned to this venue as the feedback from the 2019 conference was so positive and we can be confident it is accessible and can provide the services and rooms we need to make it work for everyone. To download complete venue information click here
The day will formally start at 11am and finish 5pm and there will be networking and coffee from 10am or up to 5.30pm. We hope this helps reduce peak hour travel costs for everyone and makes it possible for more people to join us.
Get in touch with Bridget to find out more about how to be an exhibitor or sponsor
We are very grateful for our conference sponsors. You can find out more about them here.
Our pop- up sessions
There are 2 pop-up sessions for early arrivals from 10.15 to 10.45
Find out more here
Our Speakers and Agenda
The day will be co chaired by Scott Watkin BEM and Jordan Smith, Representative Body organisation and self advocate reps
Our confirmed Speakers include
- Julia Unwin CBE
- Supported Loving Network members
- Nesta People Powered Health Team
- Campaign for Change members
- Thera Trust and Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Skills for People team
- Community Organisers and KeyRing
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
- National Institute of Health Research
The full agenda and workshops are available here
Conference places for LDE members are:
All LDE full or basic member organisations have one free ticket.
Additional tickets for member organisations: £100
Tickets for individual members or small group members £100
For unwaged members or those on low incomes including individual members who are people with learning disabilities, or family carers there are places available at £45
To find out about these options please contact the team on info@LDEngland.org.uk
We also offer at least 15 free places for people through a lottery that is only open to people with learning disabilities and family carers
All non member places costs £220