Learning Disability England exists to make life better for and with people with Learning Disabilities and their families.
We aim to make sure:
- What is important to people with Learning Disabilities is heard and understood:
- There is a change in behaviour in service design and delivery that builds on rights
- Demonstrate co-production and real collaborative working making a difference
- Live our values and model the change we want
We stand for:
Here are some of the things that are important to us:
- Putting people with learning disabilities first – in everything we do, and how we are run.
- Being challenging – when it comes to what people with learning disabilities and families want, need, and have a right to.
- Working together – with people with learning disabilities, families, professionals, organisations, and the government, to achieve better lives for people with learning disabilities.
- Being empowering – by making sure our members have power, and can act on behalf of Learning Disability England with confidence and clarity.
- Being creative and trying new things – by thinking differently about how we can solve problems, and not being afraid to get it wrong sometimes