Being a tenant

When you rent a home, you are called a ‘tenant’.

To rent a home, you will normally need to sign a ‘tenancy agreement’. 

A tenancy agreement gives you the right to live in the home. This is a contract agreed between you and the landlord.

Progress Housing has made a useful easy-read that helps explain their tenancy agreement.

This helps to explain what might be included in a tenancy agreement and the language that can be used:

Add link to the easy read here

You can find out more about what a tenancy is and the law on tenancies in section LINK