The advantages are:
- They usually have 24-hour staffing and staff can help with things like washing and dressing.
- There will be other people around you for company.
- You probably do not have to worry about shopping, or cleaning as these will be provided for you.
The disadvantages are:
- You do not get so much money in your pocket.
- You can be asked to leave at quite short notice (usually 28 days) as the housing rules are different in care homes.
- You do not choose who you live with.
- You do not choose which organisation gives the care and support – the accommodation and care comes as a ‘package’